[TowerTalk] Ginpole for 20 foot sections

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ginpole for 20 foot sections
From: Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com (Michael Tope)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 05:13:54 -0700
Same thing, Jim. Imagine that the tower is sitting in soft ground and
starts to sink under the load suspended from the gin pole. With the
configuration you describe (pull rope tied to a tree), the load will
drop 2 feet for every 1 foot that the tower sinks into the ground,
thus the ginpole feels a force equal to twice the weight of the load
by virtue of the 2:1 mechanical advantage.

73 de Mike, W4EF...............