[TowerTalk] Ginpole for 20 foot sections

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ginpole for 20 foot sections
From: n3ue@arrl.net (Ed Wolf)
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 16:27:09 -0400
My turn...

Let me see if I now, after the past few days, understand.
If I use a block and tackle with a 5:1 mechanical advantage
attached to a beam in my garage to lift a 500 pound load,
the 500 pound load will only weigh 100 pounds at the point
of attachment on the beam? I like that idea! Seeing as how
the beam in my garage will only support 125 pounds I can
do just that according to all that I have read!

Ed Wolf - ars:N3UE - NA40+TR.PA
http://members.home.net/wolfie132/
http://www.breezeshooters.net
http://www.breezeshooters.com