[TowerTalk] Effective Moment/K Force & Yaesu rotators

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Effective Moment/K Force & Yaesu rotators
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 17:04:32 EDT
In a message dated 7/11/01 1:06:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
K7NV@contesting.com writes:

> Will overkilling the rotator make it last forever? Maybe, but probably not.
>  This is educated guessing, to get a ballpark estimate on how large a chunk
> of the
>  "forever spectrum", the rotator gets to occupy.

    It's been my experience that the rotator is the weak link in the antenna
system. While towers and other hardware will last for 15 years and more, a
rotator has a practical service life of 6 or 7 years.

    Don't tell me about your Ham M that's been working since 1968 - you've
been lucky.

Cheers,    Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----