[TowerTalk] Yaesu rotators

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu rotators
From: n7us@arrl.net (Jim McDonald)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 20:40:38 -0700
Bruce,

I too have a G-2800SDX and found the indicator to move when I transmitted
with my FT-1000MP, which I assumed is RF getting into it.  I tried different
grounding connections and found that a small braid between the MP and a
grounded screw on the rotor control unit fixed it.

I don't remember which bands/antennas had the problem, and I've moved since
it happened.  I just reconnected the braid and haven't had that problem.

I haven't noticed the speed decreasing, though maybe I prevented that by
having a shorter cable run this time!

Jim N7US