[TowerTalk] Yaesu rotators

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu rotators
From: dhb@mediaone.net (Dave, AA6YQ)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 20:47:23 -0700
I experienced a reduction in rotation speed, but only in one direction.
Mechanical switches sense when the positioner is nearing its objective;
one of these had moved out of alignment.

The circuit design of this controller is terrible, IMHO. A competent
design would lower the parts count by a factor of 5 or more and
significantly increase reliability.

    73,

        Dave, AA6YQ