[TowerTalk] Top Hat Switch (mercury)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Top Hat Switch (mercury)
From: i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 19:36:05 +0200
A classical parallel resonant trap can be made resonant and isolating at a
frequency but shows inductive reactance at lower ones.
You can isolate the top hat on 40 with a trap, but then you can't use such
trap in a resonant vertical unless shortening the antenna (in this case the
top hat).
One might think to add a -jX reactance  over the trap, thus cancelling the
trap effect, but this will modifiy the original current distribution.
Not necessarily the new current distribution will be destructive with the
antenna performance and this could be an acceptable solution.

73,
Mauri I4JMY