[TowerTalk] Top Hat Switch

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Top Hat Switch
From: tao@skypoint.com (Tod Olson)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 12:04:13 -0600
See, already we are getting some additional creative ideas (Tom's vacuum
relay solution being credited as the first). I had forgotten about the fact
the we already use traps in horizontal antennas so we should be able to do
the same thing in vertical antennas.

I wonder if there are any more ideas?

One that crossed my mind just now is related to the 'knife switch' and
pressure control idea mentioned by Rick, N6RK. Since the high tension power
lines have insulated mechanical rods that go up the pole to switches at the
top, why couldn't Ford put together something like that.(PVC pipe?)
Presumably one might even be able to automate the mechanical action needed
to open and close the switch.

Tod, KØTO

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----