[TowerTalk] guyed tower reference?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] guyed tower reference?
From: kc5ajx@hotmail.com (Rick Bullon)
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 23:48:44 +0000

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
>Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 17:11:35 -0500
>

>Hi,
>
>This will be one of those good points to remember.  Going along with
>this, a question has come up.
>The Rohn Catalog for 25g shows only single point bottom guy support up to
>170ft.   If you wanted to have multiple lower guy points is there a
>guide at what distance they should be out from the center of the tower?
>Just a nagging little question.
>
>73   Phil
Hello Phil
Here is a better one. The guy specs for Rohn 25 for 70, 90, and 100 mph wind
speeds are the same. Same distance from the tower same guy spacing and the
same 3/16 guy wire for towers up to 160' for the 2 lower wind speeds and for
90' for the 100 mph wind speed. For a 100' tower at 100 mph they move the
top guy up 3' but still use the same guy wire spacing and same guy wire
size.
Things change a little for 170' at 90 mph and up
73
Rick
KC5AJX