[TowerTalk] guyed tower reference?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] guyed tower reference?
From: n0tt1@juno.com (n0tt1@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 03:17:41 +0100
>   If you wanted to have multiple lower guy points is there a
> guide at what distance they should be out from the center of the
> tower?
> Just a nagging little question.
>
> 73   Phil

Hi Phil,

The answer is in the angle of the guy as referenced to level ground.
IMHO the angle between ground the the guy should *never* exceed
60 degrees.  The optimum practical angle would be 45 degrees, with
less than that somewhat better, but with more cost.  But if one is
going to guy from a single guy point and a larger margin of safety
is desired, then the TOP guys should be 45 degrees and the others
of course would be less.

73,
Charlie, N0TT