[TowerTalk] Hardline to F connector

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hardline to F connector
From: alsopb@gloryroad.net (alsopb)
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 07:14:58 +0000
Guys,

I'm fed up with using crummy RG59 to feed TV antenna. RG11 turns out
to be even more lossy for the UHF channels.  I have enough 1/2" or
3/4" CATV hardline to make the run.  However, it appears to be a
challange to mate it with the type F connectors on the antenna preamp
and TV.  I suppose a short length of RG59 on both ends would be OK.

Any suggestions?  How do the cable guys do this?  It seems like I
stand a chance of loosing most of what can be gained by poor adapters.

73 de Brian/K3KO

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----