[TowerTalk] Trylon Project

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Trylon Project
From: dan@anwireless.com (Dan Simmonds)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 00:52:19 -0400
Hi Byron,

One thing you can do if you don't have a gin pole, is just put the Trylon up
leg by leg and brace by brace, by carrying up the 'parts' of the tower and
actually build it in the air. Might take a little bit longer doing that, but
it is one way to go about the job. Macfarlane Electronics in Ontario
(613-353-2800) sells a 13 foot gin pole that should also do the job for you
FB.

You might be on your own though placing your microwave stack 12-15 feet
above the top of the tower. Trylon's windloading charts assume you're going
to keep antennas 3 feet or less from the tower's top.

Good luck!

73, Dan KK3AN
AN Wireless
Hanover, Pa.