[TowerTalk] Trylon Project

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Trylon Project
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 01:25:35 -0400
I wouldn't worry about putting something up on a chromalloy mast, as
long as you use a platform down 8 or 11 feet from the top for the
rotator, and let the thrust bearing and the rotator handle the side load
on the mast.

I will have a C31XR up 9 feet from the top on a mast. Also take a look
at http://www.qth.com/ka9fox/tower/  , KA9FOX's installation which seems
to have more up there than I will have. He's had all that up for maybe
three years now?

Guy Olinger, K2AV
Apex, NC, USA