[TowerTalk] True or Not True?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] True or Not True?
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 11:10:54 -0700

>I think most of the NEC based programs calculate the current distribution
>along the length of the antenna's linear elements. The far field pattern
>of the
>antenna can then be derived by integrating the field contributions of each
>elemental portion of that distribution. The equations given in Kraus's
>"Electromagnetics" 2nd edition express the E and H fields in the far field
>in terms of the current distribution only. His text does mention that the
>E field depends on both current and charge distribution, but that only the
>current distribution needs to be considered in the far field.
>
>A 1/2 wave dipole can be thought of as a bunch of short linear dipoles
>placed end-to-end with the current in each short dipole element proportional
>to the magnitude of the dipoles familiar half sinusoidal current
>distribution at that point along the length of the antenna.  The short dipole
elements
>near the
>center of this array will of course contribute more to the overall radiation
field
>than the ones near the ends since the current will be larger in the elements
>near the center than that of those near the ends.
>
>If I had the choice between having the ends of my dipole high with the center
>low versus having the center high and the ends low, I would choose the latter
>option.

//  It takes volts and amperes to make the E-field and it takes volts and
amperes make the H-field.  Eliminate one and EM radiation is none.  I
used to get involved in 40m daytime shootouts between Las Vegas and L.A.
The consistent winner was a flat-top dipole.

cheers, Mike>

Propagation
>> >Society of the IEEE. I need to look them up again in the library. They are
>> >recent issues.
>> >
>> >Ron , K0RL

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734,AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end