[TowerTalk] Low Band Verticals

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Low Band Verticals
From: jreisert@jlc.net (Joe Reisert)
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 19:12:44 -0400
Hi Tom,

Just for fun, today I tried to order from AES an MFJ-1792 vertical (yes, I
spelled it correctly). AES no longer carries that antenna.

So, I called MFJ. After a long search, a phone call cut off (!), etc. they
determined that it (and the MFJ-1793) are not in stock but maybe available
in 4 or so weeks!

So, I hope that means they are still going to be available. Otherwise, it's
all academic!

73,

Joe, W1JR

At 02:48 PM 9/5/01 -0600, n4kg@juno.com wrote:

>On Wed, 5 Sep 2001 Bob Nielsen <nielsen@oz.net> writes:
> >
> > On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 09:00:20AM -0600, n4kg@juno.com wrote:
>
> > Just don't take too seriously the blurb on the MFJ web site where it
> > says "3 feet of ruthless radiating power".
>
>         That was a misprint.  The antenna is 33 ft tall.
> > >
> > > I just purchased an MFJ-1793, modified to include 30M,
> > > and plan on installing it in a clear field where the nearest
> > > metal object, a 12X24 storage building is ~150 ft (1/2 WL)
> > > away and the nearest towers are ~300 ft (1WL) away.
> > > I will compare it with my Elevated GP and tree supported
> > > wire vertical and report back to TowerTalk at a later date.
> >
> > Does MFJ supply the additional parts needed to lengthen the 20 meter
> > stub for use on 30 meters?  I suspect that if they came out with a
> > new model which featured this, it might be popular, since many hams
>have
> > yagis/quads for 14 MHz and up and are looking to cover the lower
> > frequencies.

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----