[TowerTalk] Low Band Verticals

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Low Band Verticals
From: rgagos@home.com (Roger Gagos)
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 17:01:22 -0700
Hello All,

My first posting to the list, and after lurking for several days, I must say
I'm impressed with the civility!  As you no doubt know, that is not a
universal condtion of all lists.

Anyway, regarding verticals, I wanted to note that I am VERY pleased with my
GAP Titan DX vertical (others mileage may vary) and would recommend it
highly.  Just make sure you read (and re-read) the instructions carefully
plus keep it away (30-ft. minimum I believe was their recommendation) from
other vertical or metallic structures.  Mine was in stock at AES and arrived
in 48 hours.

No doubt this antenna has been discussed here in the past...it's quite a
contraption, but less than 2:1 across 40-10M and at least 100 kHz. on 75M
ain't to shabby.  Oh yes, and it radiates well too!

73,

Roger, K6EQ