[TowerTalk] Underwater coax

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Underwater coax
From: joe.brown@gordmans.com (Joe Brown)
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 20:32:00 -0500
The LMR400 DB is the flooded version. Great cable. The flooding material is
very sticky, but can be cleaned up with a bit of mineral spirits, and the
flooding compound doesn't seem to affect the ability of the braid to take
solder. The foam is bonded quite tightly to the center conductor so you have
to be careful not to nick the copper coating over the aluminum when trying to
 get the foam off.

My brother uses the stuff underwater in a non-amateur application. They have
put the cut end of a cable into a pressurized water chamber and tested the
water penetration, and the flooding keeps the water out quite well.

73, Joe W0DB