[TowerTalk] MFJ ARTIFICIAL GROUND

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MFJ ARTIFICIAL GROUND
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 16:14:26 -0500
The advice from K7GCO is good.  I would add that my first shack at my
opresent location was a second floor bedroom.   The Artificial ground works
well.  I moved to the basement and it still did a good job there.  I have
three (multiple) paths to ground but found on 10 and 17 there was a poor
enough ground for the MFJ to work.  I made a good ground for both but found
that it was best to switch the MFJ out when working the other bands...as the
MFJ caused say 20 to be detuned.   It does affect loading which in this case
caused SWR to appear higher so my transceiver would balk (but not the
amps..so go figure).
73 Dave K4JRB

http://www.anwireless.com

> -----