[TowerTalk] MFJ ARTIFICIAL GROUND

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MFJ ARTIFICIAL GROUND
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 09:44:52 EST
In a message dated 11/20/01 10:53:50 AM Eastern Standard Time,
k2av@contesting.com writes:

>  You can say that you increased (the appearance of) the electrical length by
>  inserting a coil, and most people will know what you mean, but it is a
loose
>  and sometimes confusing misuse of the term unless you tag "apparent" on it.

Nice dance around another "W8JI gospel" goof :-)

Here are some definitions:

Electrical Length: The length of any electrical conductor, such as an antenna
or transmission line, expressed in wavelengths, radians, or degrees.

 3. Of an antenna, the effective length of an element, usually expressed in
wavelengths. Note 1: The electrical length is in general different from the
physical length. Note 2: By the addition of an appropriate reactive element
(capacitive or inductive), the electrical length may be made significantly
shorter or longer than the physical length.

First time I read about "apparent" electrical length.

Yuri, K3BU

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----