[TowerTalk] Tall

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tall
From: n2mg@contesting.com (Mike Gilmer - N2MG)
Date: 10 Dec 2001 05:59:45 -0800
There's no "limit", per se, but 200 feet is an
important boundary.

Above 200 feet, or above an imaginary line (picture it
as a sort of glide slope) that extends from an airport
at zero-feet elevation to approx 4 miles away at 200-
feet elevation, you get into special
reporting/marking/lighting.

Really high antennas are great for line-of-sight work
(VHF/UHF/up) but not for HF.  The take-off angle
aspects of a 1500ft high 20 meter antenna probably
make it worthless.

73 Mike N2MG