[TowerTalk] Portable Tower Fabrication?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Portable Tower Fabrication?
From: n4dd@preferred.com (n4dd@preferred.com)
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 02:32 +0000
Has anyone on the list fabricated a field day special or maybe just a
portable 30 foot tower from Rohn 25g.  I have toyed with the idea of
fabricating a steal base plate that a truck could roll upon to secure the
the tower. I would then assemble 3 sections of 25g on on a hinged base
and stand the tower erect.  I would use a home made hazer to elevate the
antennas up and down the tower, and finally, guy the tower to trees or
other substantial objects in the surrounding area.  The idea is to gain
an edge in the portable QRP realm utilizing lightweight beams.  Is it
possible or am I dreaming?  I'm not an engineer, so any helpful
suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance for your replies!

Dennis Brickey / N4DD

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----