[TowerTalk] HyGain TailTwister control box problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HyGain TailTwister control box problem
From: wx3k@ptd.net (Stephanie WX3K)
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 18:44:38 -0500

All,

I recently finished installing a tailtwister rotator I acquired earlier this
past year. The control box is modified with a delayed braking controller.
The rotator itself works great over the entire 360 degrees of rotation. The
control box seems to have a problem when it gets to the extreme positions at
the South stops, especially on the east side of the stop. The problem is the
brake remains actuated even though the rotator has stopped. If I back off
the direction control, if finally releases. Is this a matter of calibration
? How does one calibrate this type of modified control box ? Any references
on the web or personal advice is most welcome.

P.S. The Mosley Pro95 works very well !!!!!!!

Stephanie R. Koles WX3K
wx3k@arrl.net
http://www.qsl.net/wx3k

AN Wireless Self Supporting Towers are now available!  Windloading tables,
foundation diagrams and charts, along with full details are now at the
AN Wireless Web site:  http://www.ANWireless.com

-----