[TowerTalk] Is the FCC sharp? Is ARRL counsel swift?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Is the FCC sharp? Is ARRL counsel swift?
From: wa2moe@firstinter.net (Stu Greene)
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 17:22:26 -0700
Extract of  ARLB056

The following is an extract of the above bulletin, reporting that the FCC
refused to put CC&Rs under the shield of PRB 1 and stating,

>'There has not been a sufficient showing (by ARRL) that CC&Rs prevent
>Amateur Radio operators from pursuing the basis and purpose of the Amateur
>Service,'' the FCC said. The Commission said hams still can get on the air
>without installing residential antenna systems by operating away from
>home, while mobile or at club stations.

and

>The FCC said it recognizes the importance of preserving the integrity of
>contractual relations that CC&Rs represent. But it asserted that the ARRL
>had ''submitted no specific evidence that would persuade us to abandon our
>long-standing policy of excluding CC&Rs in private covenants from our
>ruling in PRB-1.''

A copy of the FCC's Memorandum Opinion and Order in RM-8763 is available on
the FCC Web site,
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-01-372A1.doc

AN Wireless Self Supporting Towers are now available!  Windloading tables,
foundation diagrams and charts, along with full details are now at the
AN Wireless Web site:  http://www.ANWireless.com

-----