[TowerTalk] W2DU Balun's?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] W2DU Balun's?
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 17:23:59 -0500
At 02:16 PM 2/3/02 -0800, Jim wrote:
>Better to make your own with a torroid core and some Teflon coax RG-142 or
>RG-400 and an outdoor PVC electrical box.

Interesting -- I'd assumed Rich was referring to the W2DU bead choke type.
I know they have some reported deficiencies at low frequency due to uneven
heat distribution along the string of beads, but hadn't considered using a
toroid and some teflon coax instead.  Has anyone measured the performance
of such a choke balun at 160m?  What core material would be appropriate?

73, Pete N4ZR

Sometimes a tower is
just a tower

Order online at http://store.eham.net.