[Towertalk] deed restrictions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] deed restrictions
From: k2hk@arrl.net (Howard Klein)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 23:44:14
There is more than one way to skin a cat. When I lived in a conservative
restrictive community in Long Island, NY I introduced one of the village
trustees to amateur radio. He got his ticket and I got my tower. This was
after a long siege in village court and a stint in the NY State Court of
Appeals where I lost. My next adventure was in an upscale Florida community
that had solid CC&R's that clearly banned amateur antennas. I ran and became
elected to the Community Board before attempting erection of an antenna.
After that it was a piece of cake. My most recent move was exactly what some
have suggested, 10 acres in the sticks. No CC&R's, no tower ordinances, no
traffic and little QRN. I have 5 acres available if you promises NOT to
operate when I am on the air. :-))

Howard .....K2HK