[Towertalk] (no subject)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] (no subject)
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 18:19:17 -0600
Most problems can be diagnosed visually:

1 - cracked end cap covers
     Fix:  replace and use Scotch 33 (or 88) tape to protect from uV
             some people put small drain holes on the bottom side
         to supplement the holes in the trap cover

2 - Loose trap cover screw
       Remove and inspect insides, then retighten.
       You may need to go to a larger screw to get a tight fit

3 - Loose screw(s) on the coils
         Clean the connection and retighten.  Clean coil wire.

4 - Debris and / or insect nests inside traps
        Clean out

Note:  Disassembly can be difficult if the dimples hold the
        inner plastic spacers too tightly.  They 'should'
        come apart with some 'persuasion'...

Tom  N4KG