[Towertalk] TH7 beam traps

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] TH7 beam traps
From: na4m@arrl.net (Phil Duff)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 00:30:47 +0000
At 07:21 3/22/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>I have asked this question before and gotten no responses-
>
>Does anyone know the frequencies that one should expect each of the TH7DX
>traps should exhibit when tested as a separate unit?

I have a sheet apparently from HyGain many years ago that discusses triband
beams and HyGain's traps in the TH3MK3 and TH6DXX.

This sheet has a schematic of a HyGain driven element with their beta match
and traps, and states that the self-resonant frequency of each trap when
grid dipped out of the antenna to be 27.720 mhz (15m or inner trap) and
20.425 mhz (20m or outer trap).

I suspect TH7 traps would be similar.

73 Phil NA4M