[Towertalk] Tower base "solution"

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Tower base "solution"
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 13:11:51 EST
In a message dated 4/4/02 9:12:20 AM Pacific Standard Time, ve7hcb@rac.ca
writes:

> With somepeople using the crane to help put up the tower, why pour
>  the  oncrete pad?

    Uh...because it's what the manufacturer specs and your local building
department requires?

>  I have seen some large blocks of concrete put in the gound with a crane to
>  hold various traffic control lights.  Now most of these lights are off to
>  the side of the block, so they should hold a number of towers.  Probably
an
>  adaptor for the cast in bolts would be all that is reuired.

    Get an engineer to sign off on it and it sounds good to me. (Note:
SARCASM.)

    This is a typical amateur "solution" to something that is well documented
and understood already. Highly NOT RECOMMENDED unless an engineer blesses it.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for amateurs