[Towertalk] Tower base "solution"

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Tower base "solution"
From: Jim White" <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White)
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 22:05:49 -0500
Chris,

I suspect you are new to this list...

One of the things the moderator, K7LXC, repeats over and over again is to do
what the manufacturer calls for.

As a professional I know whaty he is saying - he is simply stating that
unless the manufacture calls it out you are open to liability or lack therof
down the line when they can state "he clearly did not follow our
guidelines:...

I also like the idea of a precast block with a bunch of threded stubs
sticking out of it....in the shack we have plug and play...in the yard you
could have place and play!

One potential downside of course is whether or not you could get a truck
into where you want it placed...if so, great - seems it would be little
different than planting a septic tank...as a matter of fact I bet the guys
would build those would love some of this business...very similar to their
existing stuff - dunno how heavy we are talking for the block versus a big
septic tank - do not know how many yards go into one of them...

I think the idea is an interesitng one - but - to avoid the hellacious
lawyers I suspect it is something whose time has not yet come!

73,

Jim, K4OJ