[Towertalk] Prosistel Rotors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Prosistel Rotors
From: José de Sá" <ct1eeb@mail.telepac.pt (José de Sá)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 18:11:42 +0100
Hello
Thank you very much for all your answers concerning
the Prosistel rotator.
Here are some more details:

A) The problem: The problem really are the Hex-screws
      that tight together the base of the rotator to the upper
      part, due to vibrations and wind strength (peaking no
      more than 100 Km/h yesterday) they unscrewed.
      The inner components suffered major damage because
       the base was still tight to the tower but the upper part was
       rotating free.
        ---> Next time I will apply RTV Silicone Seal  to the screws as
               Don adviced.

B) I send the rotator back to the Prosistel representative in Portugal
     I know he is going to send it to Italy, in the homepage they say the
     rotators warranty is 2 years and that they will replace the damaged
     rotator by a brand new-one, lets wait and see.

The model is PST71

73   Jose  CT1EEB