[Towertalk] Prosistel Rotors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Prosistel Rotors
From: wa2bpe@exotrope.net (WA2BPE)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:07:28 -0400
José,

Perhaps someone else can be more specific, but I do not believe RTV is what
you want to use for a thread locker. Here in the states, a common brand used
is "Loctite" (several compositions for different uses) and will keep screws
from backing out but frankly, I am having difficulty understanding why this
happened at all; should never occur if they had been installed correctly in
the first place.  A wind speed of 100 Km/Hr really isn't that much for a
rotator of that size!!

As far as RTV is concerned, it is a superior weather sealant.  The acetic
acid (cure) based variety  is fine for outdoor work (and is tough).

73,

Tom - WA2BPE