[Towertalk] driving ground rods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] driving ground rods
From: Jim White" <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 22:45:54 -0400
Takwe it easier on your back OM....

Rent a construction demolition hammer (like a Bosch) and get the attachment
which slides over the end that will surround the ground rod - looks kind of
like a deep well socket....

Climb up on your tall step ladder, place the heavy demo hammer over the
started rod  and squeeze the trigger....wait 10 or so minutes....done

let the weight of the demolition hammer drive the rod....pushing down on it
doesn't seem to speed things...

that's the way we did it into Florida Clay - check the archives for the
"water" boys who use a garden hose as a source for waterpressure to "drill"
your earth.

Hope you get well grounded for next weekend's Florida QSO Party!

73,

Jim, K4OJ