[Towertalk] Bearing for Prop Pitch Motor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Bearing for Prop Pitch Motor
From: dhearn@ix.netcom.com (dan hearn)
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 16:23:12 -0700
Another possibility is a standard bearing with a bushing. When I decided
to replace the bearings in the pulleys on my TX472, 3 different bearing
houses could not find a replacement, even after contacting their
suppliers. Fortunately, one of the salesmen was astute enough to see
that a bushing which they had in stock had the right OD/ID to make a
standard ball bearing fit. The bushing was longer than required so I had
to hack saw it to the right length. The price for the bearings and
bushings was less than I expected and the reworked pulleys work FB. 73,
Dan, N5AR