[Towertalk] First day at Dayton - Attendance continues to slide

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] First day at Dayton - Attendance continues to slide
From: wa3gin@erols.com (David Jordan)
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 11:01:30 -0400
Is it gas prices or greedy hams trying to get $$$$ for junk.

Maybe folks are tired of all the rude dealer staff and tail gaters that
would just as soon punch you in nose as lower their inflated price for an
item.

The ebay mentality has infected our hobby big time...now what was a good
deal at $65 is now a good deal at $225.

Nuts to them that think they can make a living selling used radio gear at
inflated prices...keep the trailer load and haul it around from place to
place year after year...there's nothing new in the flea market, it's just
older, with more scratches and dirt, and the prices are as rediculous this
year as ithey were last year.  Folks are tired of it.

Why drive several hundred miles, maybe have to deal with bad weather (the
curse of Dayton in Spring), deal with rude idiots, etc.  I think it has a
lot less to do with 9/11, and fuel prices, etc.

Wish it was different....

73s,
dave
wa3gin