[Towertalk] MFJ 890

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] MFJ 890
From: w9ac@arrl.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 18:02:27 -0400
> The only tricky part is that your PC has to be properly synchronized (to a
few tenths of a second) to UTC.  If you have a TAC/GPS interface this is
trivial, otherwise, a steady hand on the mouse click and a receiver tuned to
WWV would work.

For years, I've used a PC shareware program called SocketWatch to precisely
set my PC's clock at regular intervals.   The program goes out and finds one
of 185 precision time servers throughout the world.   It loads when Windows
starts up and you don't even know it's running in the background.   Here's a
link to the software...

http://www.locutuscodeware.com/swatch.htm

-Paul, W9AC