[Towertalk] Re: Coax Connector Losses - Does anyone know?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: Coax Connector Losses - Does anyone know?
From: n4gi@tampabay.rr.com (Blake Meinecke)
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 18:12:35 -0400
> So, what's the best way to put a PL-259 connector on? How do you hold to
> coax still while rotating the connector barrel?

I always grip the business end of the coax (right up near the end) with a
wrapping of cottony material, like an old (clean) sock.  Keeps good hold of
the rubbery shell and spreads out hand force while twisting the conector in
quick short motions with pliers.

Oh, and it works just as well taking the end off when I forget to put the
barrell piece on first too.

Blake N4GI