[Towertalk] Rohn 25G foundation requirements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Rohn 25G foundation requirements
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 10:01:08 -0600
I favor the tower in the ground approach.  I've started several towers
in the ground with NO guys, going up to ~25 ft to connect the first
set of guys.

I also suggest one set of guys, even if they are closely spaced.
For short towers, 80% guy anchor distance is NOT needed, assuming
a small antenna load.  Also, ANY guy is better than NO guy.

FWIW, I would also put the antenna at 40 ft, assuming flat ground.
At this height, nearly ALL of energy in the first lobe will be refracted
back to earth.  Below 40 ft, a significant amount of energy is lost
(not refracted back to earth from 10 thru 20M).

Tom  N4KG