[Towertalk] Phillystran Grips

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Phillystran Grips
From: kc5ajx@hotmail.com (Rick Bullon)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:11:21 +0000
Hello Mike
When I bought my Philly guys and grips from Texas Towers Gerald showed me
how to install them, (Texas Towers is only about an hour drive from my QTH).
You start by laying the Philly in one side of the grip all the way down then
start the other side a few turns so that the grip has a hold on the Philly.
At this point put some tension on the Philly ( I used a clevis bolt around
the tower rung and though the the thimble on the big grip then stretched it
to the ground and stood on the philly). Continue to wrap the free leg around
the the grip and when you get to the end instead of using a screwdriver to
lock the last wrap use a pair of pliers to get it to lock in. It will look
just like the finish grip on the ehs nice and tight. The trick is to keep
the Philly taunt while you are wrapping the grip on.
The ty wraps are to hold the little black end caps on the ends of the
Philly.

73
Rick
KC5AJX