[Towertalk] Best Tri-Bander under 40 lbs?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Best Tri-Bander under 40 lbs?
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 07:16:19 -0700
In my experience, the A4S runs circles around the TH3.  It's also a bit
longer and has a separate, dedicated 10m reflector element not found on the
TH3.  "Best" under 40lbs might be difficult to say, but I've had great
experience with the Tennadyne T6 LPDA.  6L on a short boom (12'), covers
14~30 MHz including 12/17m, and works amazingly well for its size.  It does
have a larger turning radius than the TH3 or A4S, however, due to the very
long rear element (40').
-WB2WIK/6

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -
Mario Andretti