[Towertalk] Best Tri-Bander under 40 lbs?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Best Tri-Bander under 40 lbs?
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 14:09:01 -0400
At 08:38 AM 8/2/02 -0400, Van Zandt wrote:
>I'd appreciate comments on what you believe is the best overall Triband
>yagi under 40 pounds?  I am leaning towards a Hy-Gain TH3 or a Cushcraft
>A4S.  I am not real fond of the Force C3 as I live in a windy area and I
>hear the cell-driver of the Force C3 presents a rather unstable load when
>the cell driver elements are moving around.

I have watched the SWR meter whilke transmitting on my C-3s in very windy
conditions and at most the SWR change is 1-2 tenths.  Any windier than that
and I'd be in the cellar, not operating.

The performance of the C-3 is so far above any other small tribander that
the question isn't really worth considering, IMO.

73, Pete N4ZR
West B'God Virginia
www.qsl.net/n4zr