[Towertalk] Rohn 25G Questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Rohn 25G Questions
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 10:47:01 -0600
Unfortunately, the fine thread hardware supplied with R25 towers
has a nasty habit of rusting over time.  Coarse threaded galvanized
hardware should prevent this condition. (I know, it's not what the
manufacturer recommends...neither is the soft Stainless Steel
hardware that has been holding my 130 ft R35 tower together for
several years).

A guy radius less than 80% will work fine for shorter towers.
Notice the 25' radius specified for the tiltover towers.

I recommend placing the TOP guy wire within 5 ft of the top of
the tower, right at the top if more than one antenna will be on
the mast.

Tom  N4KG