[Towertalk] Coax opinions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Coax opinions
From: k4zzr@bellsouth.net (David)
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 13:05:39 -0400
Hi Steve.....still looking for the best coax (within reason) for my new
antenna (about 125' from the shack).   I'm wondering what you and others
think of Cable Xperts RG8/U "low loss" CXP1318FX cable which runs about 60
cents a foot?  Anybody using this stuff?  It's specifications are:

High Flexability10 (19X23) Bare Copper

(2) 100% Bonded Alum Foil
+95% Tinned Copper
Gas-Injected Foam Polyethylene
Black Non-Contaminating Ultra-Violet Resistant Direct Burial
0.405
-40°c to +85°c

Velocity Factor: 84%

Attenuation/100ft