[Towertalk] screw in anchors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] screw in anchors
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 09:47:36 EDT
In a message dated 9/7/02 10:49:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time, k9ot@mhtc.net
writes:

> After reading some of the pros and cons of screw in anchors, you might look
>  at your local utility company poles. Around here (SW Wisconsin) they use
>  screw in anchors to guy utility poles when going around gradual curves, at
>  corners where they change directions, etc. I dont know how deep they put
>  them or how big the screw plate is but I do know that they tension some of
>  these tight enough to BEND a pole sticking up 30 feet or so above ground.
>  Over the years these poles still have the bend in them and the wire they
are
>  holding is still tight. So they will work but might not be for everyone.

    Apples and oranges, guys. The forces and materials used for tower guying
and utility pole applications are TOTALLY different and non-interchangeable.

>  Piece of mind is a BIG factor.

    Piece of mind resulting from proper design and installation due to
following the manufacturer's specs is the key to success.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH