[Towertalk] Rohn 25 Guy Bracket/Torque Arm Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Rohn 25 Guy Bracket/Torque Arm Question
From: jon.zaimes@dol.net (Jon Zaimes AA1K)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:59:45 -0400
Jon,

If they are that high, it is possible you assembled them incorrectly in
order to fit around the diagonals -- just under the horizontal bar the bend
in the guy brackets for the diagonal would be on the opposite side than if
it is just over the horizontal. If that is the case, you may want to plan
for total disassembly of the guy brackets and reassembly. This would
involve letting the guys go very slack or be completely disconnected at the
lower ends.

Depending on the space between guys, what you already have mounted on the
tower above the guys, and your personal "pucker factor", you may want to
install temporary guys while you re-do the guy bracket.

Another way would be to use three come-alongs, one on each guy, up on the
tower to take the tension off the guy bracket while you disassemble and
reassemble it.

73/Jon AA1K

At 08:38 AM 9/18/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Well, it looks like the consensus among everyone is to redo the brackets.
So that's what I'll have to do.  Just more work to do up top on the tower!
:-)  Right now, they are definitely not sitting on the horizontal truss.
In fact, both brackets for both sets of guys were mounted just under the
trusses.  Guess it was just an oversight that we didn't think about when
the tower went up.