[Towertalk] Can my 40' tower be a 160m vertical?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Can my 40' tower be a 160m vertical?
From: kb9cry@attbi.com (kb9cry@attbi.com)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 19:02:27 +0000
The more the merrier, 30 minimum.  Length not that
critical but 1/4 wavelength at 130 ft. is theoretical
best.  Most recommend 60 radials and broadcasters go
with 120.  Last year I have about 30 down (put up shunt
feed last Feb. and laid the radials on the ground).
This year, after the last grass cutting, I plan on
permanently putting in about 30 to 45.  However, with
the match connected to just the tower base, which is
well grounded with three ground rods per leg, the tower
seems to be working well.  Phil  KB9CRY