[Towertalk] Mast Coupler?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Mast Coupler?
From: sparks@apk.net (sparks@apk.net)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:01:40 -0400 (EDT)
Greetings.  I need to get a 16ft mast down the center of a tower which is
already standing.  I don't have a gin pole available, and it's not feasible to
remove enough braces to get it up from the bottom.  I was thinking about two
8ft sections of mast, which I could handle down the top or from the bottom
without a problem.  This is a non-rotating mast, the bottom will be clamped on
a rotator shelf with a GM MC-10 mast adapter.  I would like to use 2" alum mast.

Do they make mast couplers that would enable me to splice two sections securely?

Thanks - Jeff, WB2RUZ