[Towertalk] Mast Coupler?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Mast Coupler?
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:01:12 -0400
if you are using two pieces spliced why bother with the extension...
typically a splice is synonymous with failure point, eh?

Suspect you want to have about half of it in the tower and half of it
out of the tower - better to use a 16 footer and borrow a gin pole in my
opinion...

You can fabricate a gin pole for this application if need be - be sure
to make it tall enough that you can elevate the middle to half the masts
length above the top of the tower - otherwise you will need
counterweights, etc. - and significantly will increase the "pucker
factor"  (that is a direct quote from the list moderator re this type of
work)

K4OJ