[Towertalk] GAO Challenger DX

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] GAO Challenger DX
From: aa4nu@ix.netcom.com (Billy Cox)
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 15:21:36 -0500
Jim,

Check out the work done by W8JI/ON4UN/N7CL as to some
actual REAL WORLD measurements ... also make sure to
understand the differences between 1/4w and 1/2w verticals
as to the role of radials, ground planes, etc.

The models have NOT proved to be totally accurate is the
bottom line of this. ON4UN's Low Band DX book would be
another source of some good background reading.

Tom, W8JI ... you still have those measurements you made?

73 Billy AA4NU