[Towertalk] choices

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] choices
From: Jim@ShawResources.com (Jim Shaw)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 21:59:43 -0700
Why not call w9INN and get one of his custom made wire antennas?  Have heard
positive things but never owned one myself.

73 de Jim WA6PX
JGShaw@Alumni.HAAS.org

on 10/8/02 3:16 PM, Steve Katz at stevek@jmr.com wrote:

> I wouldn't mount a G5RV as an inverted vee; actually a G5RV's not much of
an
> antenna on 80m at all, so I wouldn't bother with it.

I agree.  I had one up and dumped it for an Alpha-Delta multi-band dipole
which while very sharp and narrow banded on 80 still is a very good antenna
for domestic stations on 80 and 40 at my height of about 45 feet.

The G5RV on 80 sorta acts like a capacitively loaded vertical, but not
really....

73,

Jon
NA9D