[Towertalk] tower mast = to pin OR not to pin

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] tower mast = to pin OR not to pin
From: N4CW@aol.com (N4CW@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:28:44 EST
In a message dated 11/18/2002 11:22:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
n4kg@juno.com writes:

<< IF you still insist on reducing the likelihood of mast slippage,
 place a thin sheet of rubber between the mast and the rotor. >>

I've known of a fellow using (automobile) radiator hose for that application.
He got a straight piece, split it into two halves lengthwise and sandwiched
it between the rotator clamps and the mast. It seems to hold up pretty well
in sunlight. I wouldn't give rubber a long life in sunlight...
Just a suggestion...
73, Bert N4CW