[Towertalk] tower mast = to pin OR not to pin

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] tower mast = to pin OR not to pin
From: Mark <AA6DX@pacbell.net> (Mark)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:01:22 -0800
I   DO NOT  recommend pinning masts.  Did that  ONCE  .. worked swell, for
about 1 1/2 years . then, cost me beaucoup bux to fix rotatator .. actually,
just replaced it .. and gave the busted one to the dipsty dumpster!  I did
lose, like twice, my RG-213 connecting cables I was using those days ..
might have even been the REAL RG-8 .. don't `member ...`cuz it got wrapped
around the mast a couple times.  Way easier to replace then the rotator
(`member, a rotor is something that goes around your `57 Chebbie distributor
.. a rotator swings your aluminum from hither to yon!)    =];?} )  73 ...
all the regards that any ham needs .. de AA6DX